Saturday, August 30, 2014

In Skyberia

So I am finally moved into my apartment and starting to settle in. I was a bit nervous when we were going to see my apartment and sign the lease, because I had no idea what the apartment was going to be like. Russian apartment buildings tend to look pretty crappy on the outside, so it's impossible to know what the apartment will be like just from looking at the building.

My building is a bit rundown looking on the outside, but not actually that bad. The front door is on a courtyard with a playground, so it's pretty quiet and has lots of trees. My apartment is a corner apartment on the third floor. It's got big windows and it's just above tree level so there's a lot of light.

When I first got up to my apartment, my landlady and her husband were here, so I got to meet them right off the bat. They gave me a tour and showed me everything I needed to know about the place. They were so insanely nice. My landlady even invited me to visit them at their dacha once I was more settled in.

I totally lucked out with my apartment. It's newly renovated and really nice. I've got a great landlady. AND I'm only a five minute walk to work and the metro. Pretty good for my first solo apartment! But I'll stop rambling now and get to the photos. I've only got the inside for now, but stay turned for more about my neighborhood!

 



My "living room." It's kinda a blurry picture, but you get the idea. 



My "bedroom"  
In case you're wondering why I put quotation marks in the captions of the two photos above, it's because they are actually photos of two different sides of the same room. In Russia, for the most part, a one bedroom apartment has only one main room that serves as both the living room and the bedroom. My bed is actually a futon so that the room transforms into only a living room if I wanna have people over.


My kitchen. The sink is in the left corner there...I cut it out
 because I'm not a very good photographer.
 
 
 
My bathroom. It's a bit cramped with the washing machine in there, but it's decent.




This is the view from my balcony into the courtyard. I feel so fancy having a balcony.



This is the view from sitting on my bed. It's wonderful. Except I'm a little nervous
 that a bird is going to fly in when I leave the window open..




No comments:

Post a Comment